Jinger & Jeremy are so in love, and it is so much fun watching them! As we watch them precede toward marriage it makes us think about our own relationship and even our own wedding so many years ago. Every young couple standing at the doorway of marriage faces a future than can be so beautiful. We are so thankful for our wonderful 32 years of marriage, 19 children, plus our daughter and sons in laws, and going on 7 grandkids.
When God is in the center of a couple's relationship, their love for each other does not have to hit a peak then start going down hill. We couldn’t have predicted it on the day we married and thought we were so in love that we would actually love each other MORE after 32 years than we did on that day.
Sure, there are major trials that come through life that test the very bedrock of the soul, we all know that if you live life in the earth and love people that there will be sorrows. Yet when a man and a woman have committed their lives to Jesus, and to each other, it is a solid foundation and it has provided us a marriage beyond our best dreams!
We love each other more today than the day we married. Our love has grown richer & deeper with each passing year. Here’s a few things we have shared with Jeremy and Jinger from our own experience.
1. Early on in our relationship we committed to never put each down or to call each other names (except sweetie, honey, etc...).
2. We daily purpose to praise each other privately and publicly. The words, "I love you" are spoken often in our home and we tell each other how much we appreciate the kindnesses shown to one another.
3. We both look for ways to honor & cherish each other and to write love notes to each other.
4. We pray together.
5. We have weekly date nights. We truly are best friends and we enjoy spending time with each other and our children.
6. We made a vow to God 32 years ago that we would stay together for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, till death do us part. This gives us and our children the security that marriage is a life long commitment.
We encourage all of you guys out there, pursue your wife as if you were dating her, treat her like a queen, humble yourself and ask for forgiveness when offenses come, before the sun goes down, serve her in every way you can think of and never under appreciate the love she’s offered you by becoming your wife!
We encourage husbands & wives to read the Bible together. (A good, easy place to start is the chapter of Proverbs that corresponds with the day of the month). Pray together and take your family regularly to a good Bible teaching church and watch what God does with you marriage and family!
We are excited about Jinger & Jeremy's upcoming wedding and marriage and seeing what God does with each one of our children's and grandchildren's lives over the next few years!
When any couple seeks to follow God it is an incredible adventure!
-Jim Bob & Michelle